Sunday, October 21, 2007

Christmas In The Heartland


I can't believe where I'm going in November. I'm so excited, I could just scream! OK, let me back up just a little bit here. Let's back up to July 2007.

My hubby was so sweet when he told me I could go to Houston to see my very first Clay Aiken Concert. I had met a group of ladies, from Louisiana, who had been Clay Aiken fans since American Idol 2. They took me in and taught me everything I know today about Clay. Not to mention the hours online late at night surfing the internet and visiting every Clay Aiken site I could possibly visit.

Now these ladies were planning to go to some concerts this summer, 2007, and I wanted to go with them really bad. I came home one day, from our monthly luncheon, and flatly told my hubby I wanted to attend a Clay Aiken concert with my new friends. Surprisingly he said "YES"! Well, not too surpisingly. He's a very good hubby and if it makes me happy then he hasn't any problem with the requests I make. So, I told my friends to count me in.

July came around, I had my ticket, my hotel reservation, & my car, (which was getting me there with two other ladies). Now I'm not going to get into details about the concert...except to say, "It was the BEST ever", but when I got back I told my hubby about all the other hubbys I saw there in Houston. I went on to tell him that I would love for him and I to attend one of Clay's Christmas concerts and that he would get the opportunity to meet other wonderful hubbys who love their wives as much as he loves me. His reply was, "I wouldn't be caught dead at a Clay Aiken concert. What would my friends say?" After he had brought me to tears with that remark, I pulled out all the guns and laid the guilt trip on him by telling him I've been to concerts HE likes to go to because I know it means a lot to him and I want him to be happy. Then I told him I would NEVER ask him to attend another concert ever again.

So I find out that Clay is going to be on broadway in Spamalot. Some of my Louisiana friends are making plans to go. I go to lunch with my hubby just last week and I explain to him about the play and how much I would love to go. We start talking expenses and he tells me it would cost us close to $1,000 for me to make that trip to New York. I politely decline and tell him I understand. Then he says something that nearly blew me away. He tells me it would probably be cheaper to attend a concert. I ask him if he was talking about the two of us going and he says yes! Like I said, he nearly blew me away. I reminded him of the remark he had made back in July after the Houston concert and he says, "No, I'd go with you". I say, "What if your friends found out." His reply was, "I don't care!" I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

That night he had gone up to his office to get a little late night work done. I get online and start talking to some of my ClayFan friends. Most who I've never met before. I find out that one of them had gotten tickets that day for the St. Louis concert in November. I go to the OFC and find out that the pre-sale had started that morning. I go there and find out that there are some fairly good seats, on ground level, still available. I call him at the office and tell him my idea of going to the St. Louis concert and he say, "Get out the Discover Card and order them." So what do you think I did??? That's right! I ordered them. Hee Hee Hee! So my hubby and I are going to St. Louis for the November 27th, Clay Aiken Christmas Concert. YIPPIE!

Now if any of you lovely Clay Aiken fans read this blog, and you are going to the St. Louis concert....let me know. I would love to meet you. Just let me know where you'll be sitting and we can look for each other. I'm trying to get reservations at the Marriott Residence Inn. That is where most of the Claymates should be staying. Send me an email or leave me a comment and hopefully we will connect in St. Louis.

As for my hubby....I am bound and determined to make him a Clay Aiken fan yet! Once he's attended his first concert...I just know he will want to attend again.

2 comments:

MAMA, MOCHA and JOSIE said...

GOOD MORNING!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
Now did you get my big long email and your blogger email (aka google addy) so I can add you. If you want to add me -

justjudy06@gmail.com
is my blogger email.

Love your blog - mine is a tad different, a little more personal but of course CLAY is there too!!

LOVED TALKING WITH YOU LAST NIGHT!
I LOVE LAUGHING WITH YOU!

Love
ME

Annie's Blog Central said...

NO! NEVER DID! What's up with that. You can send me other things through my email addy, but I can't get that particular one. I'm dying to read it....the longer I wait, the more anxious I get!

Don't forget, you have to read our fantasy story about meeting Clay! I'm at a stand still right now, so.....we'll see what happens.