Wednesday, October 3, 2007

My Secret Addiction

Hi. . .

My name is annie and I have a secret addiction. I've had it for a long time. I've tried many time to just quit, but it's hard when everywhere you go on the Internet you're reminded of the hold it has on you and it won't let go.

I know, I've been in denial for a long time. It so hard to say NO! It just reaches out to you and holds on and won't let go. I'm driving my family crazy. I want to talk about it to them, but they just won't listen. They're tired of the way I go on and on about it. I just can't stop.

I know there are other out there with this addiction. It's a good feeling to know that I'm not alone. I've finally come to a decision. I'm going to just wipe the slate and come clean. So here it goes:

My name is annie, and my secret addiction is: Clay Aiken. There, I've said it. Gosh that feels so good. I am a CLAYMATE, and proud of it. Damn that feels good. What a relief! That voice, those beautiful green eyes, those soft gentle hands, those luscious lips, that distinctive nose. . .He is the most beautiful person I've ever seen. . .inside and out!

I hate the ugly things people say about him, and how people act like they are fans, but yet criticise him left and right. It makes me crazy! The one thing that really pushed me off the deep end was that I went to my first Clay Aiken concert this summer in Houston, and I was sitting in the second row with some of my friends for Louisiana, and Clay took my cell phone and sang to my seven year old granddaughter so sweetly, that I just wanted to jump right out of my seat and give him a great big hug.

Well, I'm glad I finally go this off my chest. My secret addiction is no longer a secret. Those of you out there, with the same addiction, please don't keep it a secret anymore. Just come forward and let it out. You will feel so much better by shouting it out to the world.

"IM A CLAY AIKEN FAN, AND PROUD OF IT!"


7 comments:

billie said...

ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO
ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO
OK now you know, yes that does feel
good. Thank you.

Maylon said...

ME too Me too, not many of us here, in this part of the world Cape Town South Africa. It is definitely not a secret here though. All my family and friends know of this addiction.

gaymarie said...

Annie, I am so glad I was sitting next to you in Houston when Clay asked for your phone while you cellcerting your daughter!! I am so glad I told you that Clay just doesn't take cell phones anymore..bwah! To think this was your very first concert! Second row too!!! From one Louisiana Clay fan to another!!

Love ya, Gaymarie

gaymarie said...

I meant your "grand" daughter Annie! Clay and Angela DID say there was no way you were a grandmother!!!

Unknown said...

I thought your blog was clever. Yes, maybe we do need (ok my DH would say we Definitly need)an "AikenholicsAnonymous"!

But I'm certain this is one addiction I NEVER wish to be cured of ;)

Sandy said...

Hi again Annie,

I aleady blogged on the CDD front page in response to yours. It's me, Sandy Ectman again! I too drive my friends and family crazy. I know I'm repeating myself. I haven't met Clay but I love him so much I sometimes can't even sleep!!
He's gorgeous with that awesome voice that makes me cry! I'm a 63 year old grandmoter.

Sandy said...

Just one more comment from me, Sandy Ectman again. Annie - do you blog on the message board on the OFC website? I would love to answer some of them. I go by "Sandy" and blogged over 50 times now. I live in Massachusetts. I feel I have so much in common with you, having 3 children, 4 grandchildren, 1 on the way & 3 dogs! And of course, my love and admiration for our man, Clay! even though I'm married.